Ashcraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ashcraft is a 24/7 Lag Free Survival Server. IP:37.59.83.120:25565

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» VIP Donating
Server News 16/5/2012 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 12:05 am by Giant04

» Sad to see the server not up.
Server News 16/5/2012 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 3:38 pm by ldinsy1

» The Server isn't up?
Server News 16/5/2012 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 10:07 pm by loppylala

» Server Hosts
Server News 16/5/2012 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 9:22 pm by Qu1cks1lva

» I won't be on the server!
Server News 16/5/2012 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 5:48 am by scoobygoo2

» Any Suggestions for the server?
Server News 16/5/2012 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 12:43 am by scoobygoo2

» Could I be un IP banned?
Server News 16/5/2012 I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 6:28 pm by Ashleigh

» Heaps of New Plugins!!! Annoying Bug Fixed!!! Suggestions!!!
Server News 16/5/2012 I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 11:11 am by Ashleigh

» Update: New Creative World
Server News 16/5/2012 I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 9:46 am by Ashleigh

Poll
Can You Donate? And How Much?
Yes, $10
Server News 16/5/2012 I_vote_lcap22%Server News 16/5/2012 I_vote_rcap
 22% [ 2 ]
Yes, $20
Server News 16/5/2012 I_vote_lcap0%Server News 16/5/2012 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Yes, $30
 0% [ 0 ]
Yes, $40
 0% [ 0 ]
No
Server News 16/5/2012 I_vote_lcap78%Server News 16/5/2012 I_vote_rcap
 78% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 9

Server News 16/5/2012

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ashleigh
Owner
Owner
Ashleigh

Server News 16/5/2012 Empty
PostSubject: Server News 16/5/2012   Server News 16/5/2012 I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 6:28 pm

The server has been up for a month almost, with no downtime except from a few restarts due to plugins being put in.

Forums: As always I have to remind you all to use the forums. Stop complaining in game about new permissions or plugins when they were announced earlier. Not happy about a rank set up or something suggest a new one in server suggestions.

Dumb Questions: Do not ask questions to Moderators or Admins that have previously been answered or can be found by a quick look in the Help/Support forum. Not only will this annoy the Staff, but also reduce your chance of Promotion. If you would like a question added to the FAQ just make a post. 

Trusted: There are still lots of players saying "Ash can you promote me" or "Ash can I have Trusted" 

I can't make it any clearer that by asking I am probably never going to give you trusted. So if you're one of those people that ask for trusted you are very unlikely to get it EVER!

World Edit/Item Asking: It has come to my attention that players have been asking and receiving World Edit and Building Materials. 

Firstly, to the players... You joined the server knowing it was SURVIVAL play like that. Do not say "I wanted to join a Friendly Server". There is a difference between being friendly and giving you whatever you ask for.

Do not freaking ask for World Edit or Items even if it is just a stack of wood or cobble. Get it yourself or use the Admin Shop. 

Secondly Staff, do not World Edit anything without my permission. This includes making walls, roofs or anything else for players.

Do not world edit large domes, flat areas, structures for yourself without permission from me. I hate seeing large world edit projects wrecking the world. It may seem hypocritical as I world edit flat areas. However I pay for the server enough said. 

Moderators/Admins complained they needed world edit to fix grief. I gave it to you, stop using it for personal use. If I see structures or anything that has been world edited I will remove it from your permissions and you will be demoted to Member of banned.

Do not give away items at all this includes cobble, wood, diamonds, food, potions, weapons, sand, glass, stone, redstone, armour, saplings, seeds, dye, spawn eggs, torches. 

Ok you get the idea don't give them any item no matter how cheap or insignificant. 

Abusing Power: Again you Moderators/Admins your rank is a privilege not a right. You took it knowing you would have to deal with some "asshole players". You took it knowing that you will have less time to build and spend more time helping.

It seems most of you have a problem doing this, I have been on the server when there are at least 2 or 3 other staff members on. Yet when it comes down to it Capper seems to be doing a lot I could even say all the work.

I know I am not always online, I have other things I need to do. But I try to be online whenever possible you might not see me but I'm almost always on the control panel.

I hate coming online and seeing Moderators/Admins in Mobarena playing, building their own houses and spawning random mobs or playing with redstone.

Seriously if you're that bored or have nothing to do ask me I'll give you something to do I have a whole list quite literally.

I am also really really really sick of staff threatening to quit. I honestly do not care if you leave. If you can't deal with hackers or griefers stay a member. 

Swearing I don't know why but for some reason certain Admins/Mods seem to need to yell and swear a lot this isn't acceptable from a player let alone a staff member, especially when directed at another player.

AFK, a certain staff member seems to be logging in and going straight to AFK mode for long periods of time, I've been told this by 4 other players. If you cannot find time to stay online without going AFK tell me I'll happily make you member so you can AFK as much as possible.

Vanish, it is to be used so you can follow griefers. Not so you can stay invisible for no apparent reason. When you come online unvanish.

Helping build is basically the same as giving the player items except now you're also doing their work for them do not help them build at all.

Stop changing the time to day or toggling off the rain or storm because you feel like it!

There are lots of players who would love your rank.

Another thing using command such as /kill which I know is used a lot and certain Moderators/Admins find it amusing is not acceptable.

Player 1 kills Player 2 and takes their items. Player 2 complains. So the Mod/Admin uses /kill. Killing Player 1.

If the player gets killed it is too bad. I have nothing else to say. Do not kill the attacker or replace the victims items.

PVP: Yes PVP is now on only because of the faction plugin. You cannot be killed in your territory unless it is a player from an enemy faction. 

If you're killed don't claim it as hacking or unfair. Just respawn and carry on. Do not ask for your items back from staff.

Demands: When I am online I have noticed players complaining or demanding things the most common are:

1. The Admin Shop is too expensive.

2. I want this permission <insert permission here> other servers get it.

3. How do I get money? How do I get items?

Firstly, The Admin Shop prices are set fairly I have played on a server with those prices and managed to build large builds just using survival and the shop. There is no reason you cannot.

Secondly, there is a major difference between demanding something and suggesting it. 

Suggestions: Ashleigh I think we should have this plugin/ permission because <reasons> you can get more information at <plugin link>.

Demanding: Why can't we have this? Everyone wants it! Other servers get it.

Don't demand, suggest things and don't tell me in game I'll forgot post in the forums.

Thirdly, there are tips on making money in the FAQ section but otherwise it is common sense stop whining and start working.

Ranks: I will be changing the commands and permissions of ranks to make sure you aren't disappointed I will put my proposed changes into the Server Suggestion forum for you to look at and give me advice about.

Yes we do now have a anti grief, block logging and rollback plugin. But this does not mean stop using protection stones.

Skyblock: I know most of you haven't been doing it as the moderators and admins have been using world edit for their own use. Sky block is not allowed!

1. It's ugly floating islands in the sky

2. Moderators and Admins are "too busy playing Skyblock" to help players even using that as a reason not to help me.

3. Lava and Water is falling onto the ground below, lagging the server, making a mess and killing players who live below.

I know this is a small problem at the moment but healing, balance and other signs are not to be placed in players homes if you see one or know one is remove it otherwise I will remove it and find out who has placed it.

Command Logging: Yes Admins and Mods I have command logging I know when you use world edit or spawn/ give items. I know when players are killed and who killed them so don't use /kill. I know when mobs are spawned where blocks are placed and who accessed which chests. There are plenty more things I know be scared!
Back to top Go down
https://ashcraft.forumotion.com

Server News 16/5/2012
Page 1 of 1